Where: River Kitchen
Date: Wednesday 4th January 2017 @ 5pm
Vocalist Katelin Little joins the Reuben Bradley Trio with her take on some classic soul and RnB tunes. Together they will perform a selection from the great jazz songbook, as well as a few tasty tunes from Reuben’s award winning albums.
Where: East St Cafe – late night jam session (Reuben Bradley Trio)
Date: Wednesday 4th January 2017, 9pm – midnight
Tickets $5 – door sales only
Native to Wellington, Reuben Bradley has travelled the world extensively. Drumming with international jazz performers has developed his creativity and passion for new music, whilst international cruise ship work has empowered him with the versatility of a first rate session musician.
Reuben has performed with artists such as: Taylor Eigsti (US), Mike Nock (Aus), Bernie McGann (Aus), James Muller (Aus), Matt Penman (US), Kristin Berardi (Aus), Brenda Earle (Canada), James Morrison (Aus), Roger Manins, Steve Barry, Charmaine Ford, Jonathan Crayford and Dixon Nacey. His session work have in turn led to work with: Julia Deans, Don McGlashan, Mickey Dolenz (the Monkees) The Coasters, The Drifters, NZSO, CSO & Wellington Vector Orchestra.
Formal education at Massey University (NZSM) culminated in his B.Mus (Jazz Performance 1999) led in turn to further individual study with rhythmic masters Scott Tinkler (Aus) and Master Jazz Drummer Barry Altschul in NYC. Although being awarded the greatly coveted position on the City College Masters course (NYC), Reuben decided in turn to focus on developing his performance abilities and compositional creativity.
Reuben has performed & headlined in every major Jazz Festival in New Zealand including; The Wellington International Jazz Festival, The Queenstown Jazz & Blues Festival, The Nelson Jazz & Blues Festival, Tauranga Jazz Festival and The Waiheke Island Jazz Festival. Reuben has also performed at major Australian festivals such as Wangaratta & the Melbourne Women in Jazz Festival.
- Reuben Bradley: Cthulhu Rising feat: Taylor Eigsti & Matt Penman (Rattle Records NZ)
- Reuben Bradley: Mantis: The music of Drew Menzies 2012 (Rattle Records NZ) (runner up Jazz Album of the Year 2014)
- Reuben Bradley: Resonator 2010 (Rattle Records NZ) TUI AWARD BEST JAZZ NZ JAZZ ALBUM 2010/2011
- Roger Manins: Trio 2010 (Rattle Records NZ)
- It’s a Wrap 2: OTIS (Salvation Army NZ)
- Tessa Quayle: Whisper Not 2010 (runner up Jazz Album of the Year 2010)
- The Velox Brothers: The Dogsville Swing Sessions 2008 (Moo Music)
- Charmaine Ford: Busy Silence 2007 (Ford Motion Records NZ) TUI AWARD JAZZ ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2007
- Vibrant Tongues: The Shadow Out of Time 2007 (ODE NZ)
- Kevin Clark: Zahara (KCM) 2007 (Runner up Jazz Album of the Year 2007)
- Unforgettable: A Tribute to Nat King Cole 2008
- Norman Meehan: Modigliani 2007 (ODE NZ)
- Johnny Lippiett (UK): Live at the Lido 2002
- Vaughn Roberts Big Band: Live at the Jazz Club 2004
- David Paquette/Wil Sargisson: The Waiheke Sessions 2001 (Finger Breaker Music)